Sunday, March 30, 2008

Two Quick Videos

A few quick videos. Just got back to Chicago, classes start tomorrow, but I'm taking cognitive neuroscience, so I'm ridiculously excited. Totally geeking out. I'll have a full post later, probably tomorrow.

But, for now:



This is the funniest thing I've heard in a long time. And the chorus will get stuck in your head. I pulled this off of Pharyngula, from the noble/gangsta PZ, and some of his minions have been kind enough to figure out the lyrics.

Secondly, totally stolen from Tiny Frog:



This is actually really great. I know a few people who would claim this is simply evidence of operant conditioning, but I would not be swayed by that, or at least would not let the intonation turn towards "mere" operant conditioning. If that's the case, then human behavior collapses into operant conditioning as well, with no "mere" about it. It's fascinating to speculate about the inner life of elephants, as well as dolphins, chimps, etc. I wonder if the elephant really enjoys this type of behavior, and how would we know? Anyway, if anyone has some feedback on this, please feel free to go with it.

No comments: