Thursday, January 22, 2009

Obama and Science

Obama is now the 44th president of the United States of America. I'm proud of us in a lot of ways, and I'm proud of him. The Inauguration was interesting to watch, and I found the fub during the Oath...well, adorable. It was a very human moment. Apparently, that's been corrected.

He has some interesting plans for our foreign policy coming in soon. I'm glad to see these, though of course we'll have to see how these pan out and the consequences/problems associated with them.

Lastly, I'm very glad to hear that Obama has pledged greater transparency in his administration. I am cautiously hopeful about it:



Obama has pledged to return science to its rightful place during his administration. And he has recognized non-believers in his speech. These are both good signs. Let's make sure that he follows through with them.

No comments: